Have you checked your smartphone's SAR limit value?

sar
ussd-codes
Have you checked your smartphone's SAR limit value?
0.0 0

SAR (Specific Absorption Rate) - I’m sure you might have come across this term somewhere if not, you see this here, and if you are curious to know what it means, then you are in the right place.

SAR is a measurement which tells you the amount of Radio Frequency (RF) energy absorbed by our body when we are using our mobile smartphone.

Our smartphone is an electronic device, and this will directly or indirectly affect our body’s condition when we frequently use it. Earlier we shared about the issues we face when we keep our smartphone in our pants.

Finding the SAR value of your smartphone!

Open your smartphone (Android / iOS / any OS!), go to your Dialer, and type *#07# (USSD Code). That’s all. You’ll get a screen like this below now:

I did this on my Google Pixel XL smartphone, and you will see the results like this! You’ll find the model number here along with the SAR value in areas like European Union, Australia, New Zealand, and India.

So the SAR score of my phone is 0.455 W/Kg@1g (head) and 0.451 W/Kg@1g (body). This is for India.

###What’s the safe SAR limit for a smartphone?

1.6 W/Kg SAR limit is safe. If the SAR value of your mobile phone is low, then it’s good. Because the radiation emission will be less and it won’t affect our body much. If your phone’s SAR limit is higher than 1.6 W/Kg, then you need to contact your phone’s support and let them know about this. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) limited this value to control the smartphone radiations. Using such phones might not look like a risk, but in the long run, if you are using your phone regularly, it’ll affect a lot.

What’s your mobile and your mobile’s SAR value? Let’s see which one is lower. :smiley: