Fix "Not registered on network" Android (Single/Dual SIM) error!

android-errors
dual-sim
Fix "Not registered on network" Android (Single/Dual SIM) error!
0.0 0

Earlier I was using Google Pixel XL then I moved to Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, since it’s a Dual SIM smartphone, I thought of using Vodafone and Jio in this one. I inserted the SIM and when I tried to call via Jio, I got this error message popup “Not registered on network”.

After tweaking it for a few minutes I found the solution for this, and I want to share it here just in case if you are facing it or you might face in the future. :’)

So what you can do is, go to: Settings > Mobile Networks > Network mode

Here, select the option: LTE/3G/2G (auto connect)

After that, go to: Settings > Mobile Networks > Network operators

Here you’ll have two options:

1. Search networks: Scan for all available networks.

2. Select automatically: Scan for and connect to a network automatically.

You can try the 1st option, if it’s not working, then go to the 2nd one. Eventually, you’ll get something like this:

Here you need to select “IND-JIO” for activating the Jio network successfully. That’s all.

If this doesn’t work and you are using a Dual SIM phone, then I would suggest you remove both the SIMs and use Jio alone for testing this method. Then you can enter your second SIM afterward.

You’ll get this small popup message like “Registered on network” after this process. Make sure your Preferred SIM Card for Mobile Data is Jio. This is very important. You can disable the mobile data and still use Jio normally, but when it’s a Dual SIM smartphone, you need to make this small sacrifice, unfortunately.

Do try this and let us know if it works out for you or not. If you have any queries, do let us know as well. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure how this process works for Apple iPhone, I haven’t faced this error, but if you know any tweak for that, let us know as well, please.