I hope you all watched Google I/O 2018 and witnessed how powerful Google Assistant can be! It’s time to make the most out of it and simplify our lives. It might sound scary, but at the same time, can it save our time? Make things earlier? Understand us better and provide us something before we even ask it? Well, let’s hope it’s all under a limit then.
Earlier we shared how you can send WhatsApp voice messages via Google Assistant and it’s time for another trick. This time it’s for Netflix lovers. If you have an Android phone and if you love watching Netflix videos on your mobile, then this is a neat hack for you.
1. Long-press your Home button and launch Google Assistant. Please do install if you haven’t. It’s not mandatory. But it’s mandatory for this thread.
2. Click on the “Blue Box” icon at the top-right here and do the same for the top “three dots ellipsis” menu. Select the “Settings” option.
3. Now, scroll down, and you’ll find “Videos and Photos” option.
4. Click on that as well. In this screen, you can see that you have the option to link your Netflix account to the Google Assistant.
5. Select the “Link” and “Link Account” options, then sign in to your Netflix account.
If you have multiple profiles here, you can pick the one you regularly use for watching. Select that and confirm your linking. That’s all. You have the option to “Manage” and “Unlink” your profile anytime you want.
6. Now whenever you want to watch something on Netflix, open your Google Assistant and say:
“Play Dark on Netflix”
You can replace “Dark” with any movie, series or documentary name that’s available there.
P.S. Dark is a great series if you love science-fiction + suspense stuff. Do check it out!
If you are already watching this series, then it’ll open Netflix app and continue the series from where you left. If you mentioned something new, it’ll start from the beginning.
I think this is pretty cool, but this is a normal configuration and I’m sure they’ll introduce more in the future, hopefully helping us a lot to control via voice.
Let us know if you have any issues with the steps or if you have any thoughts to share with us!